Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Everybody's bloggin' while they're abroad. I'll blog while I'm still here.

I've had Irina for a little over a week now.  She's Russian, but originally from a Petsmart in North Carolina.  The first few nights with her were sleepless (for both of us...she's nocturnal).  Averaging about five miles a night on her wheel, Irina is very, very, noisy and stays noisy for many, many hours.  After only a week, however, the spinning sound of her wheel has begun to grow on me and I would even go as far as to say that it lulls me to sleep on occasion.

The lady at the Petsmart hand-picked for me the nicest hamster of the bunch.  Apparently I am pretty lucky to have found Irina because most of these Russian fluff balls can be pretty grouchy and with a penchant for biting off the fingers of those who want them desperately not to.  Instead, this Russian hamster is sweet.  During the day when she is sleepy, she will sit in a cupped hand and enjoy being petted.  And when the sun goes down, she has no problem following people around rolling at respectable speeds across tiles and hardwood floors in a plastic ball.

Oh, and she gets along quite well with the boy:

2 comments:

Nichole said...

since when have you had a hamster!!!!!!!!???????? so cute!!!!!!!

Monica said...

oh, i got it during winter term.